Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Stress

Right now my life is very stressful due to deadlines, scholarship searches, applications, and JROTC. Even though I may look calm but in reality I'm a mess, so I rely on music to soothe my stress and helps me relax when I get home.

Usually I listen to pop/rock, but when I get really stressed I turn to Mozart and Beethoven.

My stress comes from two sources, school and home. My stress from school comes from getting the grades I want which right now I'm trying to get straight A's to bring up my Grade Point Average. Also from my JROTC class, as the S-3(the Operations and training Officer) I do a lot, like making lists for events, putting in bus requests on time, getting the training schedules out in time, and during later in the year we have the BFI(Battalion Formal Inspection) which is an inspection where the army comes and inspects the Bayshore High School Battalion and decides whether we keep our gold star and get demoted, but I can handle it even though I do get stressed out by it I enjoy it all the way.

As for my stress that comes from home, it mostly deals with college stuff. Like right now I recently got the practice or study books for the SAT and ACT from one of the greatest teachers, so now I need to crack down and study any moment I can between rifle team practice on Monday's, volunteering on Tuesday's and Thursday's, and staff meetings on Fridays, and family events that tend to sneak up on me on the weekends, but hey I got this far so I can't quit.

1 comment:

Swanson said...

It sounds like you know how to handle your stress. This is a quality that will allow you succeed, even though you have lot to accomplish.

The discipline you've learned in ROTC is also contributing to how well you are doing. Keep up the good work