Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Letter to a Freshman

Dear freshman,
It is your first year of high school and it is one of the most important years of your high school years, so I recommend staying focused and never get off track because it is hard to to make up what you messed up and getting in all that you need to graduate.
See, during my freshman year it was hard for me at first to get adjusted to the way things run in high school so I didn't do so great, but you have the opportunity to keep yourself from going down that road by applying yourself 100 times better than I did. How you may ask? Well I learned to "up" my game by asking questions when I needed, or asked for help when I needed it because if you don't you may find yourself not caring or saying "I'll do it later" and never getting around to do it.
One of the best things that helped me was the JROTC class. I'm not saying that it is for everyone, but it's was a great help for me in getting my priorities straight and now I took am honor class or two the following years.
So in the end Don't follow the typical track of a freshman, and don't let yourself be influenced by your peers no matter what they say, just follow your gut in what needs to be done and you will achieve great things.
Sincerely,
A concerned senior

5 comments:

Jessica Crawford said...

I agree with you that JROTC helps you get your priorities straight. I was in it during my freshman year and it helped me a lot.

BECK said...

That was great. I like the white font a lot.

Corey0314 said...

I agree with what you said about putting things off till later. Procrastination is one of the worst things you can do as a freshman.

chasidy;marie! said...

Hey Danny! yeah.. Its my freshmen year and on my first day I TOTALLY freaked out. I was completely petrified. But i get what you mean. I'm usually a great student and my grades mean everything to me. I want to go to law school and become a lawyer. Sometimes i start to slack and my grades are dropping, which is not acceptable. I want to get involved but am not completely sure how. But thank you for your advice; it was great! :]

Unknown said...

I'm not in JROTC but i do agree with you on the applying yourself to do good in freshman year thing. It's only the first few months of freshman year and one of my classes is already dropping. I've gotta keep that up if i want to get a scholarship. I plan to do a lot of things in order to keep my grades up and get into good situations, instead of the bad ones. I hope this year goes well and all the ones after that. Good luck in life after high school, and thanks for the advice, I'm sure it's going to help. :)