Monday, January 25, 2010

Teachers.

Every teacher I've had lit a match in my life because everyone had something new to teach that came in handy in life. But, there are one or two that made a real difference. The first, is my pre-k teacher Ms. Judy. The second, one of my three JROTC instructors, first sergeant Anaya.

Why my pre-k teacher you ask? Well it's simply because she was my first teacher and because pre-k or kindergarden are where you learn about making friends and how to work in a school environment. She made that experience really great, especially since in came into school not knowing much or any english. She also had a teacher assistant, (which unfortunately I can't recall her name but I can recall the first letter of her name) Ms. L, who was also really great and kind. In fact my family and I ran into her at Sam's Club one. I felt a little relief knowing she was doing good and still around.

First sergeant Anaya has been a real "match lighter" in my life. Ever since I stepped into the JROTC room three years ago, he has been nothing but a great influence. He's helped me achieve goals I never thought possible and to push myself. He has helped push the strength and courage I had to face problems head on even more. Frankly, I feel a bit sad because I'm graduating high school and have to leave. He's been the biggest influence other than my parents and I'm grateful of that.

1 comment:

BECK said...

That's so sweet. *tear* :,-)