Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Texting while driving.(Again)

Oprah has once again reached out to America on a big issue that has put many lives in danger. She has come up with a pledge for those who are or want to be against texting while driving.
I do not need to take any pledge because I do not drive let alone text while driving. So basically I'm set. Anyways Orah has a good idea with the whole pledge thing. There are many who wish they could completely eradicate the concept of texting while driving, and with this it could be seen soon. Yes there are those who will think they won't get caught or that they won't get in trouble for doing it, but in reality you will get a pulled over and get a ticket.

If you really need to take a call or a text that can't wait until you completely stop, then the smart thing to do is to pull over. This is something you should do if you want to avoid a $60 plus fine and 6 points on your license. By the way that is what you have to face here in Florida. If you have this money to spare especially in the economic crisis we are in, then good luck to you especially since you may be without a vehicle.

Is it really worth getting into an accident just to read a text saying"LOL". I mean that is the main thing that is texted in the texting community isn't it?? I for one value my life what about you? Then again I don't drive, but if I did it's common sense not to text while driving in the first place.

1 comment:

BECK said...

You spelled Oprah wrong. It's O-R-P-A-H, get it right!