Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Blogging Challenge #4



Ever since I was little I've felt strongly about keeping our environment safe and clean. I'm not sure why, could it possibly be because I was born on earth day? Maybe. Never the less, I've done what I can to keep it clean.

At home I pretty much got my family more environmentally friendly. We have a separate container for small plastic wrappers amongst other plastic related objects. Then we give it to a friend who takes it to a place where they recycle plastic. Also, we recycle aluminum cans. Now you may think that everyone does, but unfortunately they don't. I have witnessed people throw away their soda cans and other recyclable cans. It drives me nuts, why I don't know. The same goes with plastic bottles. My family meaning my parents and siblings recycle them but not the rest of my family. Why? I think it's because they don't care.

Another little thing I do is carpool. Frankly, if we live like five minutes away by walking, one of us can walk it. I think it's stupid to waste or I meaning produce more CO2 when it can be avoided.

I feel strongly about saving our environment and keeping clean and that's that. I don't care if people call me a hippie or whatever, I won't change.

No comments: